- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- University of Florida (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
Alex Tomasevic is a partner and trial attorney with Nicholas & Tomasevic, LLP. He focuses on consumer and employment class actions, business and employment litigation, arbitration, and appeals.
Alex believes that, often, our financial and legal systems favor large companies and the rich over ordinary people. So he focuses his practice on leveling the playing field and providing the same dedication, focus, expertise, technology, and skill that the largest companies enjoy from the largest law firms, but for his own hard-working clients. He has spent his entire career helping to recover, by settlement or trial verdict, millions on behalf of consumers, employees, insureds, beneficiaries, and small businesses in complex matters across the nation. Some of his recent achievements include:
- Successfully certifying a class and recovering over $30 million in retirement benefits plus injunctive relief on the eve of trial from Liberty Mutual Insurance on behalf of current and former employees.
- Successfully certifying a class of tens of thousands of consumers and recovering over $20.3 million in cash and other benefits in a class settlement with Proctor & Gamble regarding alleged false advertising of P&G’s probiotic supplements.
- Successfully certifying a class of hundreds of mobile tool distributors and recovering over $16 million in cash and other benefits in a class settlement with a Fortune 500 manufacturer and distributor of hand and automotive tools regarding their classification of distributors as “independent” contractors.
- Serving as co-counsel in several high-profile and high-value Multi-District litigations such as In re Packaged Seafood Products Antitrust Litigation; In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation; data breach cases, and others.
- Currently serving as co-class counsel for a certified class of over 100,000 tenants of Equity Residential – the third largest apartment owner in the nation – in a lawsuit alleging that Equity unfairly overcharged its tenants for certain “late fees” and other charges.
- Served as chief trial counsel representing numerous delivery drivers in actions against FedEx Ground related to FedEx’s classification of these drivers as “independent.” Alex obtained a verdict in the first of these cases to go to trial where the jury agreed with Plaintiffs that FedEx was the drivers’ joint employer.
For his work, Alex has been designated by Thomson Reuters as a top-rated “Super Lawyer” every year since 2018 in the field of Class Actions and Mass Torts. Previously, he was recognized as a Thomson Reuters “Rising Star” in 2015 and 2016, as well as part of the San Diego Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar.”
Alex received his Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology & Law with High Honors from the University of Florida – where he sometimes returns to support his Florida Gators sports teams. He received his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from the University Of San Diego School Of Law where he was active in moot court and mock trial. He remains active at the law school by serving as a volunteer judge for moot court and mock trial competitions and by mentoring law students with a passion for consumer and employee protection and trial work.
Alex is admitted to practice before all of the California state trial and appellate courts, the United States District Court for the Southern, Central, Eastern, and Northern Districts of California; the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association and its Litigation Section.